Middle School Admission Process
Grades 6, 7, and 8
Thank you for your interest in Austin Preparatory School. We look forward to meeting you as you begin your Austin Journey.
New this year, we have streamlined our admissions process by using an online portal, which requires a username and password for each family.
Step 1: Submit the inquiry form
- Create your Admissions Portal account by submitting the inquiry form. Once your account has been created, you can schedule a visit and complete the application process. Current Austin Prep parents: Login to the Parent Portal and click the link "Apply a Child to Austin Prep."
- After creating an account, you may access the portal through the Admissions Portal Login button on this page.
Step 2: Schedule a visit
- Shadow Days: Schedule your Shadow Day. Shadow Days begin in October, approximately every other Tuesday.
- Take a Tour: Contact the Office of Admissions for a personalized tour at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781.944.4900 x770.
Step 3: Apply
Early application deadline is December 21, 2016. Decision Notifications for Early Application applicants will be released on January 20.
Following Early Application, there will be Rolling Admissions for the Middle School, where applications are viewed as they are completed. Decision notifications for Rolling Admissions will begin on February 13.
A completed application requires submitting the following:
- Student Questionnaire
- Parent Questionnaire
- Current English Teacher Recommendation
- Current Math Teacher Recommendation
- School Administrator Recommendation
- School Transcript – Current & Previous Academic Year
- Entrance Exam Scores
- $50 application fee
Step 4: Register for the Entrance Exam
We accept SSAT, ISEE and MSEE (the MSEE is Austin Prep's own entrance exam) scores for admission. Please call the Office of Admissions at 781.944.4900 x770 to schedule an appointment for the MSEE.
Optional Step: Apply for Tuition Assistance
Tuition for the 2016-2017 school year is $18,500. To apply for tuition assistance, access the FACTS application here starting November 1st. Priority application deadline is December 31, 2016. Applications received by December 31, 2016 will receive Financial Aid award notification within two weeks of admission decisions. Financial Aid applications received after December 31st, will be reviewed and awards distributed based on available funds.
For any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 781.944.4900 x834 or by emailing Mrs. Beth Flynn at email@example.com.