Grade 9 Admission Process
Please contact the Office of Admissions at 781.944.4900 x770 for fall 2017 application information
Thank you for your interest in Austin Preparatory School. We look forward to meeting you as you begin your Austin Journey.
New this year, we have streamlined our admissions process by using an online portal, which requires a username and password for each family.
Step 1: Submit the inquiry form
- Create your Admissions Portal account by submitting the inquiry form. Once your account has been created, you can schedule a visit and complete the application process. Current Austin Prep parents: Login to the Parent Portal and click the link "Apply a Child to Austin Prep."
- After creating an account, you may access the portal through the Admissions Portal Login button on this page.
Step 2: Schedule a visit
- Middle and Upper School Open House: October 30, 2016 11:00 am - 2:00 pm. Registration is available through our Admissions Portal and is recommended.
- Shadow Days: Schedule your Shadow Day. Shadow Days begin in October, approximately every other Tuesday.
Step 3: Apply
Application deadline is December 21, 2016. Decision notifications will be released on February 1, 2017 in the Admissions Portal.
A completed application requires submitting the following:
- Student Questionnaire
- Parent Questionnaire
- Current English Teacher Recommendation
- Current Math Teacher Recommendation
- School Administrator Recommendation
- School Transcript – Current & Previous Academic Year
- Entrance Exam Scores
- $50 application fee
Step 4: Register for the Entrance Exam
We accept SSAT, ISEE and HSPT scores for admission. The High School Placement Test is administered at Austin Prep on the dates below.
- Saturday, November 19th
- Saturday, December 3rd
Optional Step: Apply for Tuition Assistance
Tuition for the 2016-2017 school year is $18,500. To apply for tuition assistance, access the FACTS application here starting November 1st. Priority application deadline is December 31, 2016. Applications received by December 31, 2016 will receive Financial Aid award notification within two weeks of admission decisions. Financial Aid applications received after December 31st, will be reviewed and awards distributed based on available funds.
For any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 781.944.4900 x834 or by emailing Mr. Michael O'Brien at email@example.com.
Grades 10 and 11 Transfer Students
To transfer to Austin Prep, please follow the steps for the Grade 9 listed above, as well as the following:
- In place of entrance exam scores, submit any standardized test scores taken in grades 9 and 10. Transfer students do not need to take an entrance exam.
- In addition, an interview is required. Please contact the Office of Admissions at 781.944.4900 x770 to schedule your interview.