Careers at Austin
Austin Preparatory School is a Catholic independent day school serving 750 young men and women in Grades 6 through 12. Austin Prep offers a challenging college preparatory program characterized by small class sizes and a 75-minute block schedule.The school employs more than 100 faculty and staff members and offers competitive salary and benefits packages.
All resumes are kept on file for a period of one year. Austin Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION:Executive Assistant - Office of External Affairs Year-round, (full-time)
The Executive Assistant to the Office of External Affairs will work directly with the Assistant Headmaster and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties, supporting the areas of Development, Alumni Relations, and Communications. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Assistant Headmaster for External Affairs and requires professional judgment, discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Personal assistant to the Assistant Headmaster and will primarily support the areas of Development, Alumni, and Communications, while also supporting Admissions events as necessary.
- Manage day to day oversight of Veracross development components including updating and maintaining records, gift entry, reports, queries, and mail lists for alumni, current and past parents, current and past faculty, and general donors.
- Veracross gift entry, recording and tracking, thank you correspondence and reporting.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations and deposit details with the Business Office.
- Support outside consultants with campaign, feasibility studies, and wealth screenings.
- Organization and administrative support for the Annual Golf Tournament which includes golfer correspondence and foursomes, sponsorship invoices and payment, silent and live auction organization; etc.
- Coordination of major External Affairs events such as: Annual Signature Event, Capital Campaign Events, Memorial Scholarship Luncheon, Hall of Fame Induction, Major Donor Receptions, St. Augustine Lecture Series, 50th Reunion Receptions, International Receptions; etc.
- Follow up correspondence from event sponsors, attendance and participants.
- Ordering of donor signs, plaques, and other External Affairs office needs.
- Record keeping and notes for Development Committee Meetings & External Affairs.
- Support/assist Communications in mass email correspondence and press releases.
- Coordinate and manage the External Affairs calendar, Assistant Headmaster calendar and serve as resource scheduler.
- Manage purchase order records, vendor follow up, and External Affairs commitments.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Assistant Headmaster for External Affairs.
Skills and Knowledge
- Background in Development a plus
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Works independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and mail merge documents
- Proficiency with Veracross database system a plus.
- Experienced in report writing and business correspondence.
College degree preferred, but not required.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME, COVER LETTER AND REFERENCES VIA EMAIL ONLY TO: email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please.
Responsibilities include monitoring four 75-minute classes per day: take attendance, direct students’ completion of assignments left for them, maintain an atmosphere conducive to quiet individual or small group study as prescribed in the assignment, supervise students at special events during the school day such as Masses, pep rallies, or assemblies.
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.