Holiday Health and Safety Plan
Classes resume in hybrid mode on Monday, November 9, 2020. We look forward to celebrating the upcoming holiday season with our students on campus. Below is Austin Prep’s Holiday Health and Safety Plan.
- Students may opt-in to remote instruction on Monday, November 23 and Tuesday, November 24, 2020 to meet the requests of families who intend to self-quarantine before Thanksgiving travel.
- From Monday, November 30 to Friday, December 18, 2020 classes will continue to operate in hybrid mode (public health permitting). That class schedule can be found here.
- Students are asked to follow the travel orders of the Commonwealth and not to travel outside of any of the lower risk states identified by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- If students are traveling to a state that is not included in the list of lower risk states, students must follow the quarantine orders of Massachusetts.
- Pursuant to the travel requirements, students must either quarantine for two weeks or produce a negative Covid-19 test prior to returning to campus in compliance with Massachusetts timeframes and guidelines.
- Families who plan to travel for Thanksgiving outside of Massachusetts must complete this form. (We will disseminate a similar form for Christmas and New Year’s travel at a later time).
- Students who are required to quarantine as a result of travel, may opt-in to remote teaching and learning during the two-week quarantine period (if they do not plan to produce a negative Covid test result).
- The two quarantine periods as a result of holiday travel are November 30 - December 11, 2020 (for Thanksgiving) and January 4 - January 15, 2021 (for Christmas/New Year’s). If you are quarantining as a result of holiday travel, you may not participate in athletic or extracurricular activities during the quarantine period.
- Students who are quarantining due to travel may attend classes remotely during the quarantine period..
- Visitors traveling to Massachusetts to spend time with Austin Prep families are subject to the same travel requirements of the Commonwealth. Any Austin Prep student who is exposed to a COVID-19 positive visitor or a visitor who did not complete testing or quarantine, must advise Austin Prep’s Health Office for determination of a student’s possible quarantine and testing requirements.
- Decisions to utilize different operating models as needed will be made in consultation with the Town of Reading Department of Public Health, State of Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Austin Prep’s pandemic consultants, and Austin Prep’s Physician Advisory Board. Public health data, scientific rationale, and public health advisories will inform decision making.