Winter Break Health and Safety Plan
After the Winter Break, classes will resume in hybrid mode on Monday, February 22, 2021. Please click the button below to view Austin Prep’s Winter Break Health and Safety Plan.
- Students may opt-in to remote instruction on Monday, February 22 through Friday, February 26, 2021 to meet the requests of families who intend to self-quarantine after the Winter Break.
- From Monday, February 22 to Friday, February 26, 2021 classes will continue to operate in hybrid mode (public health permitting). That class schedule is available here.
- Students are asked to follow the travel orders of the Commonwealth.
- Pursuant to the travel requirements, students must either quarantine for 10 days or produce a negative Covid-19 test prior to returning to campus in compliance with Massachusetts timeframes and guidelines.
- Families who plan to travel for Winter Break outside of Massachusetts must complete this form.
- If you are quarantining as a result of Winter Break travel, you may not participate in athletic or extracurricular activities during the quarantine period.
- Students who are quarantining due to travel may attend classes remotely during the quarantine period.
- Visitors traveling to Massachusetts to spend time with Austin Prep families are subject to the same travel requirements of the Commonwealth. Any Austin Prep student who is exposed to a COVID-19 positive visitor or a visitor who did not complete testing or quarantine, must advise Austin Prep’s Health Office for determination of a student’s possible quarantine and testing requirements.
- Decisions to utilize different operating models as needed will be made in consultation with the Town of Reading Department of Public Health, State of Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Austin Prep’s pandemic consultants, and Austin Prep’s Physician Advisory Board. Public health data, scientific rationale, and public health advisories will inform decision making.